The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
- Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
- Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
¹Compatible with Forerunner® 935/735XT and fēnix® 5/Chronos
²When the compatible device is paired with compatible smartphone
- Unit dimensions (pod in clip): 1.5" x 0.9" x 0.8" (37.6 mm x 23.2 mm x 19.2 mm)
- Weight: 12.0 g
- Battery life: 1 year (assuming 1 hour per day of use)
- Battery type: CR1632 (user-replaceable)
- Water rating: 1 ATM
- ANT+® connectivity
Compatible devices for this item are:
Forerunner® 645 Music
fēnix® 5 Sapphire
White fēnix® 5S
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Coastal Sports Warehouse users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.